Terms and Conditions
- It is assumed that your main internal stopcock is locatable, easily accessible and able to fully isolate the main water supply.
- No liability will be accepted for indirect and unforeseeable consequences of our work eg existing pipework, valves and drain-offs etc are assumed to have been installed correctly, are of suitable quality and not worn out, corroded or blocked.
- No liability will be accepted for the consequences of scale or grit, which may become dislodged from pipework during works.
- No liability will be accepted for stopcocks and valves, which have not been turned for some time and leak when next turned.
- No liability will be accepted for siting requirements, nor any other issues where specifications were not provided in advance.
- No liability will be accepted for issues arising from any work requested which is contrary to our recommendations.
- No liability will be accepted for your inconvenience or losses should we need to re-schedule the appointment for any reason.
- If you are aware of any plumbing, gas or drainage issues other than those quoted for by us, please advise us in advance.
- Sludge, rust debris or any other blockages affecting heating drain-down or re-fill may require additional cost to resolve.
- Electrical, tiling, carpentry, plastering, brickwork, flooring or other decoration work is not included unless stated in the quotation.
- It is assumed that any units supplied by you will be factory assembled. Construction of flat-packed units is not included.
- Further visits to complete the work due to reasons outside of our control may incur an additional charge.
- Resolving unexpected issues that could not reasonably have been anticipated at the outset may incur an additional charge.
- Any estimated costs would be specified within section H (notes) on the quote.
- Any alterations to the job requirements or specifications after acceptance of the quotation may affect the cost.
- If work is to start more than 45 days of submission of the quotation, then the original quotation becomes invalid and a new quotation would need to be issued.
- If further related or unrelated faults are discovered after a repair has been carried out, our invoice shall remain payable.
- Our standard call-out fee may be applied to a missed appointment. We ask for 24 hours notice to re-schedule an appointment.
- Our costs do not include the disposal of packaging from goods supplied by you. We are charged to dispose of all trade waste.
- Where a skip is provided it must be sited off the highway. The skip remains ours and must not be filled with your own waste unless we are asked to order a larger skip (at additional cost). We may also upgrade the size to dispose of additional waste.
- When working in an attic, it is assumed that a firmly secured ladder will be available with lighting and clear space to work.
- Where asbestos is suspected, relevant work will be suspended until testing and removal have been undertaken at your expense.
- Carpets shall be re-laid as carefully as possible after lifting. You may choose to engage a professional carpet layer.
- We are required to wear foot coverings (eg boots) to protect our feet whilst working, however, shoe covers will be worn.
- We sell removed metals (primarily brass and copper). The quotations are discounted accordingly to reflect this income.
- When replacing bathroom items, it is assumed that tiles are secure. We cannot accept liability for loose tiles that break away.
- Any gas work is subject to a satisfactory gas tightness test on the existing installation prior to us commencing our work.
- Boiler parts cannot normally be returned to the supplier and you accept this risk. Repairs can often be a process of elimination.
- When servicing a boiler / other gas appliance, it is preferable that the boiler documentation / service history will be available.
- Boiler servicing cannot predict which components, if any, might fail in due course. Any components, which fail after a service has been carried out, is purely coincidental. Repair work cannot guarantee that other components will not fail in due course.
- We shall not commission gas appliances installed by others, nor complete the installation of part-installed gas appliances.
- Should we find gas pipework or any gas appliance to be unsafe, we are duty-bound to act in accordance with GIUSP regs.
- We shall bleed air from all radiators after a refill. You shall be responsible for any further bleeding over the following days.
- When working to an hourly rate we shall charge for our time collecting only those parts not normally held as general stock.
- An out-of-hours emergency call-out will have the sole intention of stopping the emergency. Repair work is not included.
- We reserve the right to charge for both travel time and fuel when travelling more than 5 miles from our base at CM23 4BY.
- It is assumed that we shall be permitted to park one vehicle per trade at the site address without charge or penalty.
- Any parking penalty incurred when parked in line with instructions received shall be invoiced to you, plus £25 admin fee.
- It is assumed that we shall be permitted to charge work / business related tools and devices whilst working in your property.
- This work or parts of the work may be undertaken by any Plumbsense employee or approved sub-contractor.
- Where you agree to pay one of our sub-contractors directly that contract shall be between you and the sub-contractor.
- Our employees and sub-contractors must not be approached for additional private work without first seeking our approval.
- Responsibility for ensuring that your property has been fully secured after we have left the site shall remain yours.
Plumbsense accepts payment as follows:
- Credit / debit card payments.
- Bank Transfer.
For your free no obligation quote please get in touch.
07784 704 981
01279 503 188